Meeting Minutes

Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
Board Meeting 6/18/2021
Date 6/18/2021 5:00:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Chollas RC Flyers board meeting minutes 6/18/2021

Attendees:

Harley Davis, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, Chris Ireland

President’s Report:

  • Lake Summer Camp Day visit on Thursday, August 19th, 11am - 1pm

  • Sunday June 20th Discount Hobby swap meet

  • Ottay Lake fun fly June 30th

  • Club meeting June 19th, 10am

  • No additional information about runway resurface from Ben

Information Items:


Agenda:

  • Cadence of board and club meeting.

    • Board meeting to remain at monthly rate

    • Club meetings at quarterly cadence.

  • Discuss putting pavers 1x1 ft in the heli area to create a 5x5 ft area for heli landings.

    • Harley will ask if we are allowed to do so.

  • Plan for one more shade covering near the heli area and additional tables.

Treasurer Report:

  • $320 deposits, $69.67 expenses, $9018.31 total

  • 95 new/renewals this year so far.

Prev Action Items:

9: Austin,Jason,Ali : create a proposal for steps on how new members are going through the steps of initiation.  Ali to create a conf call.

11: Harley, Dusty : pick a date for a date/time to refinish the table surfaces and send out invite for club members.

  • Will require 3 coats with overnight drying.  Will need to create a temporary cover per table to allow for drying overnight.  Austin volunteered to use his garage to be used for table storage while they are drying.

  • TABLES ARE DONE!!!!

New Action Items:







Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
Board Meeting 5/21/2021
Date 5/21/2021 7:22:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Chollas RC Flyers board meeting minutes 5/21/2021

Attendees:

Harley Davis, Jason Day, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, Chris Ireland

President’s Report: 

  • Multiple snake sightings at the field.

  • Mask updated.  City mandates masks until June 15th. Must continue mask wearing and social distancing until then.

  • Membership meeting on Saturday June 19th?

  • Vodka bottles spotted at the field

  • Jason Day moving to Santa Barbra.

Information Items:

  • Once we open we need to reconsider events such as compat, races and heli fun fly.

Agenda:

5:00    Call to order

5:05    Communications

5:00  President Report

            Snakes Masks   June 15   Membership meeting June 19

5:10   Vice President Report

5:15    Information Items

             Event Planning   Combat/races/heli

5:25    Action Items

             Table refinish   Dusty Mason

5:35    Treasurer Report

5:40    Accept Last Months Minutes

5:45    Adjournment

 

These times are a guideline 

Treasurer Report:

  • $320 deposits, $98.17 expenses, $8767.98 total

  • 93 new/renewals this year so far.

Prev Action Items:

9: Austin,Jason,Ali : create a proposal for steps on how new members are going through the steps of initiation.  Ali to create a conf call.

10: Put instruction policy and hours (non committal)  on website. REMOVED

11: Harley, Dusty : pick a date for a date/time to refinish the table surfaces and send out invite for club members.

  • Will require 3 coats with overnight drying.  Will need to create a temporary cover per table to allow for drying overnight.  Austin volunteered to use his garage to be used for table storage while they are drying.

New Action Items:







Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
Board Meeting 4/16/2021
Date 4/16/2021 5:00:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Chollas RC Flyers board meeting minutes 4/16/2021

 Attendees:

Harley Davis, Jason Day, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, 

President’s Report: 

  • Construction dirt on east side of field is independent of work planned for field.

  • Ben claims our runway resurface is still on the docket and should commence in a few months due to leadership changes at the city.

  • May potentially flip the table tops as the bottom of the top surface seems to be in good shape.

Information Items:

  • Miramar field is shut down permanently.

Agenda:

Treasurer Report:

  • $160 deposits, $1948.42 expenses, $8546.15 total

  • 89 new/renewals this year so far.

Prev Action Items:

7: Austin: Rename “officers” to “board of directors

8: Austin: update web-site to add Chris/Dusty to “Board of Directors”.

New Action Items:

9: Austin,Jason,Ali : create proposal for steps on how new members are going through the steps of initiation.  Ali to create a conf call.

10: Put instruction policy and hours (non committal)  on website.

11: Harley, Dusty : pick a date for a date/time to refinish the table surfaces and send out invite for club members.






Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
board meeting 3/19/2021
Date 3/19/2021 3:23:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Chollas RC Flyers board meeting minutes 3/19/2021

 Attendees:

Harley Davis, Jason Day, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, Chris Ireland

President’s Report: 

  • Having a hard time contacting the city.  Not getting any updates on runway improvements.

  • Membership is ramping up.  Jason has been conducting heli training.


Information Items:

  • Snakes season coming up soon.

  • Chris : willing to donate RF9 to club.  It would be best for trainees to purchase their own copy.

Agenda:

  • Website Updates : Dusty/Chris have been added to website.

  • Combat: folks are currently building foam planes and hopefully we can create a regular scheduled event.

    • Jason : we should consider having pylon racing.

  • Membership: what membership number should we aim for?  Quite a bit to go before it becomes an issue.

  • Masks : There are still some members not wearing masks.  This is a city mandate and not a club rule.  City will close the field if they observe members without masks.

  • Runway  : no updates at this point.

  • Flight Instruction : Non-members get a single lesson without AMA.  They must purchase AMA for additional lessons, upto 3 lessons without club membership..

Treasurer Report:

  • $320 deposits, $67.41 expenses, $10334 total

  • 88 new/renewals this year so far.

Prev Action Items:

7: Austin: Rename “officers” to “board of directors

8: Austin: update web-site to add Chris/Dusty to “Board of Directors”.

9: Austin,Jason,Ali : create proposal for steps on how new members are going through the steps of initiation.


New Action Items:

10. Put instruction policy and hours (non committal)  on website.



Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
Board Meeting Feb 2021
Date 2/19/2021 5:00:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Chollas RC Flyers board meeting minutes 2/19/2021

 Attendees:

Harley Davis, Jason Day, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, Chris Ireland

President’s Report: 

  • Treasurer install on bank account

Information Items:

  • Chairs broken in high winds.  Only 3 chairs left.  Looking for donations of chairs.

    • Dusty will donate 3-4 chairs.

Agenda:

  • Rename Website from Officers to “Board of Directors.”

    • Add Dusty and Chris as members at large.

  • Improve online registration.

  • Use paypal

    • 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.

    • Start simple with using manual club email for paypal payments.  Motion passed.

  • Members inviting large number of guests.

    • Current policy is guests can fly here 3 times as guest (with AMA).

  • Should we add a question on application about military service.

    • Motion withdrawn

  • Approve January minutes

    • approved.


Treasurer Report:

  • $850 deposits, $91.91 expenses, $10081.98 total

  • 77 new/renewals this year so far.

Prev Action Items:

1: Harley to find out permit expiration

  • Confirmed we have another year on permit

2: Harley /Austin to transfer bank info to Austin.

  • Austin has access now.

3: Harley to follow up with Bob about bank checks or reorder.

  • New checks were ordered

4: Austin to investigate paypal 

  • See above.

5: Austin to create doc for onboarding process and possibly a live demo

  • Committee created to investigate.

6: Chris/Austin/Ali : to get FB, Youtube and Instagram access.

  • Austin to work on getting officers access.

  • For FB, Jason Day to give access to Harley, Ali, Chris

New Action Items:

7: Austin: Rename “officers” to “board of directors

8: Austin: update web-site to add Chris/Dusty to “Board of Directors”.

9: Austin,Jason,Ali : create proposal for steps on how new members are going through the steps of initiation.



Club logo

Board Meeting Minutes


Title
Board Meeting January 2021
Date 1/22/2021 11:39:00 PM
Meeting Type   Board
Recorder Ali Tajeldin

Attendees:

Harley Davidson, Jason Day, Austin Heilman, Ali Tajeldin, Dusty Mason, Chris Ireland

President’s Report: 

  • We are somewhat in a flux situation, The city will likely be doing runway resurfacing at the end of March.  Many things hinge on that work being completed.
  • We have a Letter of agreement with Lindberg field.
  • Our agreement with AMA designates us a FRIA (“FAA-recognized identification area”) so we can continue to fly without a remote id.

Information Items:

  • Minor setback on badges as they are required by the city.  Will be coming sometime in the future.
  • Agreement with the city is changing. We will be under “open space” group within Parks&Rec department.  Effectively, we are now under the park rangers of Parks&Rec.  They are more interested in infrastructure maintenance rather than programs.  We answer to a total of 9 agencies (FAA, FAA Lind, HMS, SDC risk lib, SDC asset, open space, ??)
  • City will rip the runway 18” below the current surface, smooth it out, put gravel and grindings, roll grindings. We as a club would need to slurry coat.  Last time we did a slurry coat, it was $2k and current estimate is around $3.5k.
  • Q(Jason) when does our permit expire?  Harley to follow up.  Current permit: https://www.chollasrcflyers.com/Documents/Permit_2019-21.pdf
    • Harley to follow up.  (AI:1)

Agenda:

  • Transfer bank information to the Treasurer.
    • Harley and Austin will meet to do the transfer (AI:2)
  • Consider PayPal / Venmo for online registration.
    • Current cost is 2.9% + 30c per transaction.  Austin to investigate effort required to integrate with PayPal (AI:4)
  • Temp repair to tables and runway.
    • Concrete grindings were used to fill in cracks 
    • Gallon slurry to go over the cracks once they are filled with concrete.
    • New runway should take 10-15 days not including time to slurry.  Would require us to move shade coverings, tables, and chairs from the pits area while the city is working on runway.
  • Registration automation
    • To be further discussed at the next meeting.  Austin to create word doc and possible demo (AI:5)
  • Special event planning
    • On hold until Covid restrictions are removed.
  • FAA registrations:
    • FAA has been at the field a couple of times.
    • At some point we will probably need to enforce FAA registrations
  • Attracting New members:
Discussed various options to increase membership:
  • Flyers, at Discount Hobbies
  • Military (discount?)
  • STEM schools
  • Vet w/disability
  • Airplane making classes
  • Social media : FB, YouTube. (AI:6)
  • Review of club rules and regulations
    • Club needs to enforce critical rules such as Masks, flying over lake, flying over freeway, driving over field or perimeter, and locking the gate (always lock gate even if found unlocked).
      • Note: If both gates are open and only city locks are open, then investigate first.
    • Members may contact officers@chollas if they observe issues, suggestions, recommendations, etc.
  • Board Meeting
  • * Board will meet regularly on the third Friday of every month 5-6pm.

 

Treasurer Report:

  • $9323 in bank. + $240 to be deposited.
  • 71 renewals this year so far.

New Action Items:

1: Harley to find out permit expiration
2: Harley /Austin to transfer bank info to Austin.
3: Harley to follow up with Bob about bank checks or reorder.
4: Austin to investigate paypal 
5: Austin to create doc for onboarding process and possibly a live demo
6: Chris/Austin/Ali : to get FB, Youtube and Instagram access.


Club logo

Membership Meeting Minutes


Title
Emergency Meeting
Date 12/7/2019 6:30:00 PM
Meeting Type   Membership
Recorder Jason Day

Minutes of Chollas RC Club Meeting on 12-7-09

Call to order by Harley Davis at 9:00 a.m.

Thirty Members Present

Purpose of Meeting to Establish New board after Austin Heilman’s resignation

Harley emphasized the Gate to the field is to be closed at all times. Also
mentioned that a positive attitude goes a long way among members. All
transactions between members regarding selling equipment etc. is not the club’s
responsibility.

Harley put forth the proposed club officers list:

Harley Davis President
Sean Molloy Vice President
Jason Day Secretary
Bob Murray Treasurer and Safety Officer

Harley called for a vote by members for the board and it was approved by the
members unanimously.


Club logo

Membership Meeting Minutes


Title
June 2018
Date 6/22/2018 11:26:00 AM
Meeting Type   Membership
Recorder Austin Heilman

Meeting brought to order 10:30am by Austin Heilman, President

Members present, 

Harley Davis (Treasurer)
Bob Murray (Safety)
Gary Frayer
Jerry Daoust
Jesus Romero
Don Petsche
Don Petsche Jr.
Roberto Singson

Fun Fly

$2000 deposit was made.
No serious safety problems happened at the event.
$200 check was written for the bathroom and hand wash station.
Austin Heilman requests no reimbursement for his expenses for the event.


Benches

Benches cost $200 each. Eight tables total. Final amount due to member Craig Woodward is $1600.00
Austin Heilman to donate and provide Craig Woodward with $800.
Club voted in favor of using the club account to pay the remaining $800 to Craig Woodward.
Austin Heilman explained why the bench activity happened so quickly.
Costs were cut by ordering lumber in one batch.
Craig Woodward wanted them available for the fun fly to improve club presentation


Club Bank


Club has $3400 after the fun fly and required expenses paid.
Club made $1680 on event to put toward city lease payment and new tables.


Officer Changes


Harley Davis has chosen to resign from Treasurer and Secretary.
Bob Murray voted in as new treasurer for remainder of 2018.
Austin Heilman (President) approved transferring control of Chase account to Bob Murray.
Looking for new Vice President that will maintain regular activity at the club field.
Possibly consider minor officer positions or committee for membership onboarding.


Club Maintenance


New fence still needs to be finished along the runway
Start planning new pit shade project for 2019
Discuss future meeting for rate changes for pro-rating based on time a member joins.